What is #fit2point0 about? How do we define it?
1. I choose to provide an environment where anyone from any walk of life can step foot in and move their bodies without worrying about what they look like while doing it.
2. I choose to eliminate any intimidating elements from this space which I provide. I understand the difference between intimidating and challenging.
3. I apply the fact that the two greatest motivators are the power of choice and FUN.
4. I have built a community free of egos and full of heart. I have taught my members that "fit" does not have a look. Anyone who walks in our doors is a member of our family. We celebrate each other's successes, we lift each other up when down and we don't stand for judgement.
5. I refrain from commenting about others' food choices because I understand that all food is good food and foods hold no moral value. I understand that the socioeconomic, environmental, familial, cultural, emotional and preferential reasons behind what someone might be eating are vast and more deeply rooted than any one person can begin to understand.
6. I live in the belief that health is equal parts mental, physical and emotional. Balance is the key to health and one third cannot thrive if another third is suffering.
7. I believe in praise and celebration of what one can do and not what one looks like. I understand the damage which is done to individuals when they are encouraged to take up less space. I understand that happiness does not increase or decrease based on one's size- no matter how much someone thinks it might.
My name is Michele Burmaster and I am #partofthesolution. Are YOU on board?
Are you REALLY on board? Do you agree 100% with every one of these ideals?
A great wave of change is coming to the fitness community. It involves the inclusion and health of ALL individuals without the need to subscribe to a culture, extremism, diet, method, trainer, schedule, workload or belief system.
It involves breaking down every single last barrier between the general public and their best possible selves. Their fittest selves.
We are taking back fitness. It should've never belonged to anyone to begin with. Fitness is a right, not a privilege.
Who is with me?